Julianna Raye is devoted to deepening people’s understanding of research-supported mindfulness and empowering anyone to guide others in its practice. She has been training individuals and groups in the Unified Mindfulness system for nearly two decades.
She received her BA in psychology from Duke University. As CEO, lead content developer and head trainer at Unified Mindfulness, she is dedicated to disseminating Shinzen Young’s comprehensive mindfulness meditation system through the creation and presentation of educational programs and teacher-training certification programs.
Julianna is also a founding member of Brightmind Meditation, LLC—the developer of the Brightmind mindfulness app. In addition to her work at Unified Mindfulness and Brightmind Meditation, she consults and offers private coaching, onsite and online mindfulness trainings. Some clients include: Vigor, Case/Western University, Lumosity, Vector Marketing and Fathom Digital Marketing. She is also the Mindfulness trainer for the Flourishing Leadership Institute; she delivers keynotes; privately coaches executives, celebrities, and entrepreneurs; and leads group trainings for company leaders aiming to support preventative health care and improve the work environment through mindfulness meditation. In these roles, she delivers specific mindfulness strategies tailored to the individual’s or company’s needs.
Julianna led the training for a workplace mindfulness study at Fathom Digital in Ohio. Rigorously designed studies are a rarity in the workplace setting and she co-authored two papers detailing the positive outcomes, which were recently published in the peer reviewed journals: Mindfulness and The Journal of Occupational Health Psychology.
With more than 120 weeks of immersive silent retreat training in both the mindfulness and Zen traditions, Julianna has completed over 20,000 hours of formal practice. Her brain has been studied in neuroscience labs at Vanderbilt, UNM, and in a published UCLA study comparing long-term meditator’s brains with those of non-meditators. She also designed and led the training for a workplace research study which was carried out under noted mindfulness researcher David Creswell, PhD. out of Carnegie Mellon University. That study showed positive outcomes with regards to improved employee well being and lower stress. Papers Julianna co-authored were published in two prominent science journals: Mindfulness, and the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. A novel aspect of the study was an emphasis on the application of mindfulness techniques in daily life, which is a strength of the Unified Mindfulness system.
Scientific Article accepted for Publication, Fall 2018 in Mindfulness
- Chin, B., Slutsky, J., Raye, J., Creswell, J.D. (accepted). Mindfulness training reduces stress at work: A randomized controlled trial.
Scientific Article Accepted for Publication, Fall 2018 in the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology
- Slutsky, J, Chin, B., Raye, J., Creswell, J.D. (accepted). Mindfulness training improves employee well being: A randomized controlled trial.
- Boyd, S. (2017, November). Why Powerful Women Lean on Meditation. Forbes. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/sboyd/2017/11/25/why-powerful-women-lean-on-meditation
- Bragg, T. (2017, December 12). How mindfulness apps can transform your business. Tech Wire Asia. Retrieved from http://techwireasia.com/2017/12/how-mindfulness-apps-transform-business/
- Cohen, R. (2015, February 16). Long-term meditation tied to less brain loss. Reuters, #Health News. Retrieved from https://www.reuters.com/article/us-neuroscience-meditation-brain-psychol/long-term-meditation-tied-to-less-brain-loss-idUSKBN0LK1ZL20150216
- Raye, J. (2012, March 19). Research reveals meditation changes brain. (D. Dador, Interviewer) ABC Inc., KABC-TV Los Angeles. Retrieved from http://abc7.com/archive/8587190/
- Raye, J. (2014). The B.Zen Effect. The Bharani Effect. Retrieved from http://www.thebharanieffect.com/juliannaraye/
- Raye, J. (2015, September 15). How To Practice Basic Mindfulness with Julianna Raye. (M. Dix, Interviewer) AboutMeditation.com. Retrieved from http://aboutmeditation.com/podcast/julianna-raye-mindfulness/
- Raye, J. (2015). Perspective, Mindfulness, & Peak Performance with Mindfulness Coach Julianna Raye. (J. Vroman, Interviewer) Front Row Foundation. Retrieved from http://frontrowfactor.com/episode-4-juliana-raye-on-perspective-mindfulness-and-peak-performance/
- Raye, J. (2017, March 6). Mindfulness with Julianna Raye. (S. Douglas, Interviewer) BlogTalkRadio. Retrieved from http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lifetransformationradio/2017/03/06/mindfulness-with-julianna-raye
- Raye, J. (2017). Taking Your Meditation to the Next Level (An Interview with Julianna Raye). (H. Elrod, Interviewer) Retrieved from http://halelrod.com/taking-your-meditation-to-the-next-level-an-interview-with-julianna-raye/
- Raye, J. (2017). The Unified Mindfulness Approach with Julianna Raye. (B. Langford, Interviewer) Mindfulness Mode. Retrieved from https://www.spreaker.com/user/mindfulnessmode/278-the-unified-mindfulness-approach-wit