Julianna Raye is devoted to deepening people’s ability to practice and understand research-supported mindfulness and to empowering anyone to guide others in its practice. She has been training individuals and groups in the Unified Mindfulness system for over two decades.
She received her BA in psychology from Duke University. As CEO, lead content developer, and head trainer at Unified Mindfulness, she is dedicated to disseminating Shinzen Young’s comprehensive mindfulness meditation system through the creation and presentation of educational programs and teacher-training certification programs
Julianna also consults and offers private coaching, as well as onsite and online mindfulness training. Some clients include: Vigor, Case Western Reserve University, Lumosity, Vector Marketing, Fathom Digital Marketing, Hal Elrod’s BYEB, Avanoo, XChange, CSL Behring, UltraHuman, and others. She delivers keynotes; privately coaches executives, celebrities, and entrepreneurs; and leads group training for company leaders aiming to support preventative health care and improve the work environment through mindfulness meditation. In these roles, she delivers specific mindfulness strategies tailored to the individual’s or company’s needs. Julianna’s latest project is MindSize, which was developed with Christian Straka, global head of mindset for Adidas Runners. MindSize utilizes the Unified Mindfulness system of meditation to train athletes for optimal performance.
With over 150 weeks of silent retreat training in both the mindfulness and Zen traditions, Julianna has completed more than 20,000 hours of formal training. Her brain has been studied in neuroscience labs at Vanderbilt, the University of New Mexico, the University of Arizona, and in a published University of California, Los Angles study comparing long-term meditators’ brains with those of non-meditators. She also designed and led the mindfulness program for a workplace research study, which was carried out under top mindfulness researcher David Creswell, PhD, through his Human Performance lab at Carnegie Mellon University. That study showed positive outcomes with regard to improved employee well-being and decreased stress. A novel aspect of it was an emphasis on the application of mindfulness techniques in daily life, which is a strength of the Unified Mindfulness system. Julianna is the coauthor of papers from the study that were published in two prominent peer-reviewed journals: Mindfulness and the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. Dr. Creswell developed the field of health neuroscience and Julianna is currently collaborating with him to design and build an app based on his equanimity research.
1. Boyd, S. (2017, November). Why Powerful Women Lean on Meditation. Forbes. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/sboyd/2017/11/25/why-powerful-women-lean-on-meditation
2. Bragg, T. (2017, December 12). How mindfulness apps can transform your business. Tech Wire Asia. Retrieved from http://techwireasia.com/2017/12/how-mindfulness-apps-transform-business/
3.Cohen, R. (2015, February 16). Long-term meditation tied to less brain loss. Reuters, #Health News. Retrieved from https://www.reuters.com/article/us-neuroscience-meditation-brain-psychol/long-term-meditation-tied-to-less-brain-loss-idUSKBN0LK1ZL20150216
4. Raye, J. (2012, March 19). Research reveals meditation changes brain. (D. Dador, Interviewer) ABC Inc., KABC-TV Los Angeles. Retrieved from http://abc7.com/archive/8587190/
5. Raye, J. (2014). The B.Zen Effect. The Bharani Effect. Retrieved from http://www.thebharanieffect.com/juliannaraye/
6. Raye, J. (2015, September 15). How To Practice Basic Mindfulness with Julianna Raye. (M. Dix, Interviewer) AboutMeditation.com. Retrieved from http://aboutmeditation.com/podcast/julianna-raye-mindfulness/
7. Raye, J. (2015). Perspective, Mindfulness, & Peak Performance with Mindfulness Coach Julianna Raye. (J. Vroman, Interviewer) Front Row Foundation. Retrieved from http://frontrowfactor.com/episode-4-juliana-raye-on-perspective-mindfulness-and-peak-performance/
8. Raye, J. (2017, March 6). Mindfulness with Julianna Raye. (S. Douglas, Interviewer) BlogTalkRadio. Retrieved from http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lifetransformationradio/2017/03/06/mindfulness-with-julianna-raye
9. Raye, J. (2017). Taking Your Meditation to the Next Level (An Interview with Julianna Raye). (H. Elrod, Interviewer) Retrieved from http://halelrod.com/taking-your-meditation-to-the-next-level-an-interview-with-julianna-raye/
10. Raye, J. (2017). The Unified Mindfulness Approach with Julianna Raye. (B. Langford, Interviewer) Mindfulness Mode. Retrieved from https://www.spreaker.com/user/mindfulnessmode/278-the-unified-mindfulness-approach-with