Julianna received her BA in psychology from Duke University. As founder, president, and head trainer of Unified Mindfulness, she is dedicated to disseminating Shinzen Young’s comprehensive mindfulness meditation system through the creation and presentation of educational programs and teacher-training certification programs.
Julianna is devoted to deepening people’s understanding of research-supported mindfulness and empowering anyone to guide others in its practice. She has been training individuals and groups in the Unified Mindfulness system for nearly two decades. Julianna is also a founding member of Brightmind Meditation, LLC—the developer of the Brightmind mindfulness app.
In addition to her work at Unified Mindfulness and Brightmind Meditation, Julianna creates onsite and online mindfulness trainings for corporate clients through the Flourishing Leadership Institute; delivers keynotes; privately coaches executives, leadership, celebrities, and entrepreneurs; and leads group trainings for company leaders aiming to support preventative health care and improve the work environment through mindfulness meditation. In these roles, she delivers specific mindfulness strategies tailored to the individual’s or company’s needs.
With more than 100 weeks of immersive silent retreat training in both the mindfulness and Zen traditions, Julianna has completed over 12,000 hours of formal practice. Along the way, she has participated in research including a UCLA study comparing long-term meditator’s brains with those of non-meditators. She also designed and led the training for a workplace research study which was carried out under noted mindfulness researcher David Creswell, PhD. out of Carnegie Mellon University.
Scientific Research Under Review
- Chin, B., Creswell, J.D., Raye, J., & Slutsky, J. (under review). Mindfulness training increases positive affect and reduces stress at work: A randomized controlled trial.
Scientific Articles in Preparation
- Chin, B., Creswell, J.D., Raye, J., & Slutsky, J. (in prep). Mindfulness training improves measures of work-life balance: A randomized controlled trial.
- Boyd, S. (2017, November). Why Powerful Women Lean on Meditation. Forbes. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/sboyd/2017/11/25/why-powerful-women-lean-on-meditation
- Bragg, T. (2017, December 12). How mindfulness apps can transform your business. Tech Wire Asia. Retrieved from http://techwireasia.com/2017/12/how-mindfulness-apps-transform-business/
- Cohen, R. (2015, February 16). Long-term meditation tied to less brain loss. Reuters, #Health News. Retrieved from https://www.reuters.com/article/us-neuroscience-meditation-brain-psychol/long-term-meditation-tied-to-less-brain-loss-idUSKBN0LK1ZL20150216
- Raye, J. (2012, March 19). Research reveals meditation changes brain. (D. Dador, Interviewer) ABC Inc., KABC-TV Los Angeles. Retrieved from http://abc7.com/archive/8587190/
- Raye, J. (2014). The B.Zen Effect. The Bharani Effect. Retrieved from http://www.thebharanieffect.com/juliannaraye/
- Raye, J. (2015, September 15). How To Practice Basic Mindfulness with Julianna Raye. (M. Dix, Interviewer) AboutMeditation.com. Retrieved from http://aboutmeditation.com/podcast/julianna-raye-mindfulness/
- Raye, J. (2015). Perspective, Mindfulness, & Peak Performance with Mindfulness Coach Julianna Raye. (J. Vroman, Interviewer) Front Row Foundation. Retrieved from http://frontrowfactor.com/episode-4-juliana-raye-on-perspective-mindfulness-and-peak-performance/
- Raye, J. (2017, March 6). Mindfulness with Julianna Raye. (S. Douglas, Interviewer) BlogTalkRadio. Retrieved from http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lifetransformationradio/2017/03/06/mindfulness-with-julianna-raye
- Raye, J. (2017). Taking Your Meditation to the Next Level (An Interview with Julianna Raye). (H. Elrod, Interviewer) Retrieved from http://halelrod.com/taking-your-meditation-to-the-next-level-an-interview-with-julianna-raye/
- Raye, J. (2017). The Unified Mindfulness Approach with Julianna Raye. (B. Langford, Interviewer) Mindfulness Mode. Retrieved from https://www.spreaker.com/user/mindfulnessmode/278-the-unified-mindfulness-approach-wit